Through negotiation with the local municipality, or more specifically the Victoria Beach Company Ltd., a parcel of land of approximately 10,000 square feet was donated to Nature Manitoba. On August 25, 1923, the Club House was formally opened, consisting of a one room wood frame structure of 24’ by 16’. This was intended to use for day trips to study the natural history of the area.