Save the date for our virtual AGM via Zoom on Monday, March 22nd, 2021. Below is more information on how to attend, our AGM agenda, slate of nominees, proposed amendments to bylaws, and call for nominations and resolutions.
How to Attend our Virtual AGM
We will provide a link for our Zoom meeting soon. Please check back for the link. NM members will receive an email with information on how to register for and attend the event.
Nature Manitoba 2021 Agenda
99TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
22 MARCH 2021 7:00 pm
2. Minutes of the preceding Annual General Meeting March 2020 (cancelled)
3. Annual Report of the President
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Appointment of Auditors for 2021
6. Annual Reports of Committees
8. Election of Board Members
9. Election of Executive Members
10. Announcement of Awards
12. Presentation: Migration in a COVID world: the effect of lockdowns on birds by Dr. Michael Schrimpf, a postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Nicola Koper at the University of Manitoba.
2021 Slate of Nominees
President: Sandy HayGlass
Executive VP: Don Himbeault
Vice President: James Whitelaw
Treasurer: Andre Laberge
Secretary: Katrina Froese
Past President: Jack Dubois
Directors for re-appointment:
Proposed Amendments to NM's Bylaws
Proposed Amendments to the Manitoba Naturalist Society Bylaws
Annual General Meeting March 2021
Whereas Manitoba Public Health regulations, brought about by Covid-19 prohibit indoor gatherings such as our traditional annual general meeting for the foreseeable future;
And whereas the Manitoba Naturalist Society (Nature Manitoba) bylaws currently make no provision for the holding of meetings and the attendance at meetings by electronic means or for the use of electronic or mail-in ballots:.
Therefore be it resolved that the current Manitoba Naturalist Society Bylaws, dated March 9, 2009 be amended as detailed in Schedule A below, such changes to take effect immediately following approval by a two-thirds majority of members.
1. Section 3 Definitions Add a new definition “Meeting – means a gathering of members, including the Board, committee members or general members that is held electronically or in person.”
2. Section 9.2 Special General Meetings After the last sentence add a new sentence: “The matter or question that the special general meeting was called to address shall be decided by:
a. Voting only at the special meeting of members if held in person; or
b. Voting by a combination of mail and/or electronic ballots and votes at a special meeting of members; or
c. Voting by mail and/or electronic ballot only for special meetings held electronically only
3. Section 9.5 Voting Privileges The last sentence shall be replaced by: “Voting at a meeting of members shall be by show of hands, or, in the case of an electronic meeting, voting shall also be permitted by electronic voting.
4. Section 10.4.3 Elections After the last sentence add a new sentence: “The directors shall adopt policies and procedures for conducting a vote by electronic and/or postal means, including methods of delivery by electronic or paper means and the processes for verifying votes received by electronic or mail-in means.”
Call for Nominations & Resolutions
1. Nomination of candidates for our Nature Manitoba awards. The list of awards available as well as award criteria can be found here.
2. Potential candidates for the NM board of directors (there are two vacancies).
3. The submission of resolutions.
Please also note: the board intends to put forward a resolution to add to our bylaws provisions for holding meetings electronically.